In 2020, we have set the goal of becoming Sweden’s leading construction company in environmental and climate issues. This is a topic we are passionate about and where we want to help and shape the future not only through our own construction but also by showing others ours and other industries how much we can actually influence and do ourselves. This is our 2020 environmental program:
- The garbage bags we use are made of recycled plastic.
- The light sources in our houses are of the latest LED technology.
- We work with Sortera, which recycles over 99% of all construction waste that leaves our workplaces.
- Only rechargeable batteries are used in both tools and flashlights etc.
- The cleaning products are always ecological and natural, both for cleaning our houses as well as in window cleaning.
- Free preparation for solar cells is included in all our houses and we install the solar cells at a sponsored price.
- Regular environmental education with a focus on environmental awareness in private (eg. recycling, saving electricity) and at work (garbage / material handling etc.).
- Our management eats a 100% plant-based diet (vegan) from 2020 and we only serve plant-based food at all conferences and meetings.
- Cooking courses and weekly food tips for staff to encourage more healthy eating habits from the plant kingdom.
- The coffee and tea on the coffee breaks is organic. Milk and cream have been replaced by plant based alternatives.
We use natural substitutes for sugar (which also promotes the health of our employees – our most important resource).
- Disposable items and packaging are not allowed at any stage.
- We are gradually transitioning to organic cotton and bamboo in personnel clothing and exclude leather completely from 2020.
- All staff have free and unlimited access to diet and health counseling as well as membership in a fitness facility.
- Our administration´s car has been electric since 2016.
- We are currently negotiating an agreement for our service cars and excavators to only fuel fossil-free environmental diesel.
- Our main supplier Bygg-Ole / Beijer is th physically closest located building warehouse for our projects in Värmdö and we always combine transportation to our projects.
- The electricity contracts we have for construction and our premises are chosen exclusively with fossil-free electricity.
- We donate money monthly to environmental and animal welfare organizations.
- Printer paper is always bought recycled and we recycle all the paper we use ourselves.
- During 2020 we will transition to a 100 % paperless accounting. Our estimates show that this will save more than 2 000 A4 papers yearly.
- We have a working method where we focus to an extremely great extent on designing and building our houses so that we avoid blasting, which is otherwise customary on most plots in the Stockholm area. In addition to the environmental benefits and the cost savings in the concept, it contributes to making our houses more interesting and, above all, more terrain-adapted.
In addition to these points, there are many detailed lists according to which we work. Do you want to know more? Feel free to contact us and we will share our experiences.
Isn’t this enough? No – not by far, we work daily to discover new ways to become more caring in our approach to nature, the environment and our surroundings.